Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
As a maintenance engineer you will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment, machinery and infrastructure. You will use computerized systems to oversee routine maintenance and organize repairs.Maintenance engineers are also involved in control and monitoring devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.They play a vital role in the efficiency, development and progress.Maintenance engineers work with other professionals in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and processes.
- To ensure for equipment and facilities:
- the implementation of preventive maintenance programs;
- the implementation of special maintenance and control of technical results;
- arrangements for handling operations or long-term storage;
- the notification of obsolete equipment, with request for relevant elimination from assets;
- the checking of expense forecasts for maintenance activities and facility renewal;
- the collection and entry of data necessary to update the facility and equipment management archive;
- on the basis of programmed activities and operating conditions, prompt notification of spare part requirements to compensate deviations from routine and special maintenance demands;
- that the quality of machine, equipment or plant maintenance operations, including those carried out by third parties, is in line with reference standards;
- the updating of data concerning the certification of machines and equipment, by making arrangements to check current validity of said certification;
- the traceability of required certification, according to the area of use, with arrangements to check current validity of said certification;
- co-ordination of maintenance personnel, proposing technical improvements according to the characteristics of said co-ordination;
- the maintenance of relations with inspection and technical qualification organizations in reference to the area of responsibility;
- enactment of alert safety bulletins, non-conformance reports and failure reports, by actuation of relevant activities;
- co-ordination of repair activities in the event of serious damage to plants or facilities operating in the geographical area of responsibility;
- collaboration in modification to plants and equipment to ensure operating capacity of the same;
- on the basis of data received, the proposal of the modification to preventive maintenance schedules.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Power Engineering from reputable university.
- Five (5) years previous experience as Mechanical Engineer.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Excellent in English language.
Reports to: Facility Manager
Please send your latest CV to ‘[email protected]’